- Lightweight, fast-absorbing, broad-spectrum sunscreen that blends in sheer.
- Provides protection from UVA/UVB, IR rays, pollution, and blue light.
- May be used on sensitive or vulnerable skin, including post-cosmetic treatment skin.
- Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and oil-free.
HOW TO USE
Apply generously 15 minutes before sun exposure, alone or under make-up, as needed. Reapply after 40 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying, at least every 2 hours. Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
Sun Protection measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10am-2pm and wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
Store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59° -86°F).
Uses: Helps prevent sunburn. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see above), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
Warnings: For external use only. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. When using the product, keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs. Keep out of reach of children. If product is swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Zinc Oxide – 19.95%
- TriHex Technology® – Works with the skin to clear out damaged elastin and collagen and support the skin’s natural ability to produce new, healthy elastin and collagen.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – Supports the skin’s natural barrier function and repair
- Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone – Highly effective hyaluronic acid booster, antioxidant, and anti-irritant
- Ectoin – Helps provide protection from blue light and can repair existing sun damage within the skin
- Phytoene/Phytofluene – Powerful antioxidants to help further protect the skin
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 19.95%
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM HYDRATINT PRO MINERAL SUNSCREEN?
SilkSHIELD is lightweight with a silky touch, and a transparent finish with no tint, and HydraTint Pro Mineral Sunscreen is hydrating with a buttery touch, and a soft-glow tinted finish.
WHAT IS TRIHEX TECHNOLOGY?
Our patented blend of active peptides and botanicals that elegantly support your skin’s natural life cycle – promoting the benefits of recycling, rebuilding and replenishing the skin matrix in order to maintain a healthy glow and youthful appearance. Read more information on TriHex Technology® here.
WHAT ARE PEPTIDES?
Peptides are small molecules comprised of several amino acid chain sequences, which like those in TriHex Technology®, can have a lipid carrier to help them more easily absorb into the skin where they can support collagen and elastin and other important functions. They are synthetically derived and are not sourced from human or animal-derived materials. ALASTIN uses well defined peptides which are predictable, therefore we can anticipate their behavior because the amino acid sequence is well known and their function has been demonstrated and proven.
IS SILK-SHIELD REEF-FRIENDLY?
Yes, SilkSHIELD is reef friendly.
CAN I USE THIS AFTER A PROCEDURE?
Yes. SIlkShield is safe to use on post-procedure skin.
IS THIS NON-COMEDOGENIC?
Yes, SilkSHIELD is non-comedogenic.
CAN THIS BE USED ON ALL SKIN TYPES, OR JUST SENSITIVE SKIN?
DOES SILKSHIELD SUNSCREEN PROTECT AGAINST BLUE LIGHT?
CAN I LAYER THIS UNDER MAKE UP?
IS IT SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY OR BREASTFEEDING?
Please consult with your health care provider.
ARE ALL ALASTIN SKINCARE PRODUCTS PARABEN FREE, GLUTEN FREE AND CRUELTY FREE?
Yes, all ALASTIN Skincare products are paraben-free, as well as gluten-free and cruelty-free.
IS THIS PRODUCT VEGAN?
Yes, SilkSHIELD is vegan.